Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Breathe....

Since the beginning of December I have been wanting to paint words over the doors and windows of my living room, finally the other day I did.  I am mostly happy with it although I did not do all the measuring and gridwork that I imagined I would do to make it perfect.  I realized that if I kept waiting for the perfect time to make the perfect wall art it would never happen so while Miss 8 played with baby B and Miss 3 followed me around trying to climb on the ladder with me I painted the walls.   There is really something freeing about JUST DOING IT!   I could stall forever on the things I want to do if I wait for the conditions to be "right."  So maybe having things done in a less "perfect" way beats not having them done at all.  Still I don't want to do things all sloppy and half-arsed  but I felt like the free-hand lettering worked out ok and I will paint over it a year from now anyway. It's doing it's job anyway.


For just over a year I have been on a pretty focused part of my spiritual journey.  It's about some simple things but it's the application that makes it a journey.  I have thought for a very long time that you have to choose between faith and fear and that they cannot co-exist.  However remembering to make that choice is difficult to do in the midst of fear.  I'm not going to go into it much right now but suffice it to say it's helping me tremendously to keep some spacific things in mind.   In order to move in the direction of Faith it starts with remembering to Breathe ... Then Relax...

trust...

then choose faith.

 When you find yourself not breathing in a situation you can be sure that you are not able to think clearly at that time either, so start breathing, it's amazing the difference it will make and you can find yourself in a place where you can effectively choose Faith.  


Walking in love is only really going to happen for me if I am not living in fear, so after I choose faith I can walk in love.

3 comments:

The Dirty Scottish Bastard said...

Hey that's cool. My dad did something like that in his house in Riverside.

Cheers,
Chris :)

paisley penguin said...

So glad you wre able to do this! It looks great. Can't wait to see it in person!

Betty Boogie said...

Thanks! Paisley and Kilted one, :-) Mr. B was a little surprised when he came home. I told him I was going to do it but either he wasn't listening or completely forgot.