Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scanning for bargans for scanning

Oh I am so pleased!!! I have been wanting a scanner for a few years. We were going to buy one for Christmas but the funds were just not there. I really believe that things are, or will be, out there for me at the perfect time and in the perfect circumstances, or at least tolerable circumstances ;-). So I was waiting for my scanner. Yesterday I found it, waiting for me, for just $7.99 at the Goodwill. It's an all-in-one and so far the scanner part works great. I don't know for sure if it prints well yet, since it's out of ink. I did get it to feed paper through so at least I know it *might* work. Really all I needed is the scanner anyway, but it would be nice to have 1 machine to do it all. I have been hesitant to buy used printers etc. because I didn't know if they would work with my operating system. Well, I noticed the date stamped into the plastic, It's a bit cryptic but if you notice several circles with numbers and little tiny arrows pointing to some of the numbers that is the date. Not all computer stuff has that, but if it does it can be helpful in determining what may work for you. So based on when it was made I thought it would probably work and WOO-HOO it did! I am going to have such fun scanning things.... I have a small collection of vintage cards that I will be scanning. Here's one you can copy & paste to use for (personal)crafting if you like. I still have to learn about making things downloadable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!

If you buy the ink for your new machine and find that it still doesn't print, you should email the manufacturer and see if they can give you suggestions.