Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Vintage stove

OK so right now I should be breathing into a paper sack. I'm about to hyperventilate because I just saw the most beautiful vintage stove on Craigslist, and I WANT it!!!!! I emailed the poster nearly an hour ago and they have not emailed me back yet. Oh I know it's not even an hour yet..... but I love the stove!! I hope it's not some sort of crime to copy the photo of said stove but here it is, isn't it glorious???? I know if this one doesn't work out for me there will be a different one, but oooooo it's sooooo pretty!!!!! It might actually be a good thing if I don't hear back as I will be forced to choose between the stove and the weatherstripping for the car. Oh choices can be so overwhelming!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is beautiful!

My friend just had to sell her vintage pink stove and she is in FULL pout mode about it poor thing.

Thanks for the comment on my blog about my son. That was really nice of you!

BombshellShocked said...

Ooooohhhh! It is pretty!

I had a similar one years ago (I actually still have it but it isn't hooked up anymore) It was fun to cook on.

I love the panels that cover the burners. That way your stove always looks clean.

I really hope you get it.

paisley penguin said...

OMG - truly glorious. Isn't it funny the things we get excited about? My engine and your vintage stove.

Twila Jean said...

i have a very similiar stove..
its at my moms until we buy our house.. so I am counting down the days till I get to plug that bad boy in!

mine is a gas stove from the 40s. it was my great grandmas!

Karla said...

Love the stove!! Did you get it? :)

~Karla

Betty Boogie said...

Well, She emailed be back and I was supposed to go buy it tonight but then she emailed that her roomate had already sold it.... I was so bummed, but honestly I had prayed that I would know what to do and I guess it makes sense to wait on the stove and fix the car now instead. I believe that maintaining what I have is more important than "having more or different things." Sometimes that is really hard to do though. My stove works but sometimes sort of does it's own thing and burns food in the oven, still it's not so bad that I can't use it and waiting for the financial "right time," although hard to do really is the right thing. If only I had made the choice in a way that I could feel proud of....